Thursday, June 6, 2013

Spatchcocked Chicken


Let's fire this up!!!


Mini-WSM, Kingsford Blue, cherry wood. Outside temp 89*f, no wind.


Spatched 4lb. Foster Farms chicken. Old Bay seasoning. No other prep. Pulled straight from the fridge, spatched, seasoned into the mini.



Smoker temp at the time I put the bird on. The smoker settled in at 318* and I just let it ride there for the cook.


Put the bird on at 4pm


Probed the bird 45 minutes into the smoke.


Sitting at 126*. The smoker dropped in temp because I opened it up. It shot back up to 320*.


At 5:25 we hit the magic temp of 165*.


Crispy Skin!!!


The bird didn't need direct grilling to crisp it up, but I wanted to show that it can be done easily on the Mini-WSM!!! It was on for only a couple minutes.


Off the grill and ready for service! The high heat grill split the skin on breasts.


Super moist!


Help I sprung a leak!



The remains after carving! Juicy!


ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment