Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Smoker roasted veggies

This is a super easy side dish that can be smoked alongside with your main course. I use whatever veggies that I have on hand that I would normally roast in the oven. When I am cooking beef (roasts, or tri-tip) I place the veggies directly below the meat and cook for the entire time the beef. For poultry and pork I smoke the veggies above or along side.


Here's what I had on hand for this smoke. Celery, corn, taters, cauliflower, broccoli, Walla Walla sweet onion, brussel sprouts, carrots,golden beats, and not pictured a whole clove of garlic. I cut everything up except the taters, they were small enough to go in whole.



I use these 9x9 foil pans. I reuse mine and don't throw them away. They come 3 to a pack and I have been using the same 3 pack for several years.
To the veggie mix I add EVOO, sea salt, and pepper. Toss to mix. I also add a half a cube (sliced) butter to the top.


At lower smoker temps 250*-285* these will take 4 hours or so to get tender. Especially when you load the pan like this. At temps 325*-350* these take 1 1/2-2 hours. I put these in the mini-wsm right on the diffuser, It is 15* +/- higher than the upper rack. I like to give the veggies a stir once during the smoke, just to re-coat everything. These can also be done in the oven too. I usually do them at 350*.


Trimmed and seasoned tri-tip on top!


This is what you end up with !!!!


ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment