Friday, December 13, 2013

Smoked Zesty Pretzels

I needed one more filler item for our holiday gift baskets this year. A compadre on another smoking site posted this recipe and it fit the bill perfectly! Here's his recipe:

1 1 pound bag of pretzels
1 package of dry ranch dressing
1 package of dry Italian dressing
1 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder (use more if you like)
1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1 1'2 tsp of Lemon pepper
3/4 cup olive oil.
Mix well
Try before smoking and add more as needed

I did a double batch, two one pound bags. To the second batch I added a couple teaspoon of ground mustard.

I thought that 3/4 cup oil sounded like too much, so I only used 1/4 cup oil and that worked great. I used the 12" AMNTS with apple in the GOSM and ran the smoker at 170°, smoked for about 2 hours. They came out great! Good amount of heat, and nice flavor. Thanks for the recipe DS!


Firing up the AMNTS
Burn Baby Burn!
ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment